The Koide clan continued for the 9th generation, approximately 100 years, ending due to a lack of successor and Tadanori Matsudaira was transferred from Musashinokuniiwaki in 1697.In 1706, Masaakira Sengoku of Shinshuueda was transferred in replacement of the Matsudaira clan.
The Sengoku clan ruled Izushi Domain for the 7th generation, however, diminished territory,（down to 3000 goku by the time of the Sengoku dispute until the Meiji era）.Izushi ware, a traditional craft of Izushi started in the middle period of the Edo era and also, it has been told Izushi soba presented as a special product began when the Sengoku clan brought buckwheat noodles to artisans.
In July 1871, Izushi Domain became Izushi Prefecture by the abolition of feudal domains and the establishment of prefectures as they were incorporated into Toyooksa Prefecture in December the same year. A large fire on 26th, March 1876 made the old castle town a sea of flames and burned down 966 houses, 39 shrines and temples and 29 storehouses. In August the same year, Toyooka Prefecture was incorporated into Hyogo prefecture. Moreover, Izushi-cho, Murohani-mura, Osaka-mura and Kamiyoshi-mura were created by the implementation of a municipal system in 1889. In September 1957, the merger of combining 1 town and 3 villages （excluding the Anamiya area in Kamiyoshi-mura） was completed, making the new Ishizu-cho still in existence today.